Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc. Is Determined To Help Our Customers After Hurricane Sandy
Nov 23, 2012– Anaheim, USA (AutoReleased) – Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc. Is Determined To Help Our Customers After Hurricane Sandy. Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc. is determined to help our customers after the devastating effects of Hurricane Sandy. Based on Isuzu Motors Limited’s experience after last year’s tsunami in Japan, Isuzu engineers have developed procedures for customers with vehicles exposed to salt water.
Vehicles even partially submerged in water may have water damage not visible to the naked eye. Salt water may cause rust and may also cause an electrical short starting a fire. Please follow these suggested procedures before starting any vehicle that may have been impacted by the storm.
Depending on the extent of the damage, some vehicles are not repairable. For vehicles where the
water reached the driver’s seat, most of the components and electrical harnesses should be
2. What to do if your vehicle was submerged in water
- Do not put the key in the ignition
- Put a cloth over the positive battery terminal
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal
- Please tow the vehicle to your Isuzu dealer
- If the vehicle is CNG/LPG, close the gas valve;
- Even if you do not see any abnormality, corrosion of electrical components may still cause a fire. It is best to tow the vehicle to your Isuzu dealer for proper inspection.
3. Vehicles may not show damage
Although vehicles may appear to be operating normally, water may have gotten inside harnesses
or connectors – causing subsequent problems.
Serious damage may result if vehicles continue to be operated without proper inspections.
We will be taking steps in the coming weeks to aide your efforts, including those steps noted below.
Availability of Product
- Shipped chassis into Supreme and Morgan facilities in Pennsylvania to help speed the Order to
- Delivery Time
- Bodied-up Road Ready units available for immediate delivery
- We will move product from other ports to fulfill quick delivery
- Ensuring adequate inventory of most needed parts
- Developing a reference piece to help aide in diagnostics for submerged vehicles
- Isuzu Motors Limited personnel from Japan will arrive to assist in some of the hardest hit areas with training and hands-on dealership support
Again, our thoughts are with you and we want to assist you in rebuilding your communities/businesses in the aftermath of this unprecedented storm.